Day 17: Tuesday 4/12
Mildura - Rest Day
River markers: 882 km from the sea.
Distance travelled today: 0 km.
Total distance travelled: 830 km
|A restful day: beginning with breakfast on a balcony with a real table and chair.|
Great to see Ruth once again.
|Time the title of this expedition was written on the boat.|
|And my name :).|
|Mildura's hot mediterranean climate is reflected in its choice of street trees.|
|...and some of the more unusual stories.|
Mildura - someone dropped £1,600 if gold, silver and bronze taken to Midura to open a new bank in the river. Oops.
|Mildura: the saloon of the Ellen in 1890. Most journeys in comfort to the new irrigation properties of Mildura included at least one segment by Paddlesteamer.|
|Mildura: first bank.|
|Mildura: Gol Gol Annual Picnic Sports, Boxing Day 1912. Creative water craft.|
|Mildura: how to get to the irrigation colonies in the 1880's.|
|Day 17: Mildura: more creative watercraft. A hand driven paddle boat.|
|Mildura: Ruth and I at Trentham Winery celebrating half way.|
|Mildura: Trentham Estate Winery. http://www.trenthamestate.com.au/|
|Locals: Apex bend caravan park, Mildura.|
|Lovely end to a restful day.|
More from this expedition:
More information about topics from this page:
- Visit Victoria: Mildura
- Wikipedia: Mildura
- Discover the Murray: Loch 11 and the Chaffey Trail, Murray River Lochs, Dams and Barrages
- Goulburn Murray Water: Loch 11
- Environment Victoria: The Living Murray
- Trentham Estate Winery
- Geology: Murray Valley Geography (A geological timeline of the development of the Murray).
- Victorian Geology: Tectonic Framework of the Lower Murray. (from Red Cliffs).
- ABC Mildura swan Hill: News and Community Events